In 1944, the former Runnymede Playhouse was acquired by the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) for chemical and metallurgical processing of polonium. By 1950, the structure used in this process was demolished, and all radioactive residuals were shipped to Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
The Corps of Engineers completed a Site Inspection (SI) of the Dayton IV Site in December 2004. The Site Inspection concluded the site does not pose a threat to human health or the environment and (based on it's support to the Nation's early atomic energy program) no further action under FUSRAP is warranted.
No photos available at this time.
Dayton IV Site Eligibility Letter (February 1999)
Dayton IV Preliminary Assessment (September 2000)
Dayton IV Site Inspection (December 2004)
(All document files are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.)