WASHINGTON - The Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works is issuing this notice to update the public on the status of the implementation guidance for the 196 provisions in the Water Resources Development Act of 2022.
The Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) of 2022, a subset (Division H) of the James M. Inhofe National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023, was signed into law on December 23, 2022.
The Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will conduct a 60-day public comment period to provide an opportunity for the public to give input and recommendations on the implementation of any provision contained in the WRDA of 2022.
Additionally, the ASA(CW) and USACE will host a series of virtual public listening sessions where participants can provide input and recommendations on the implementation of any WRDA 2022 provision. The public may attend the virtual listening sessions via Webex meeting https://usace1.webex.com/meet/WRDA2022 or by phone (Phone Number: 844-800-2712, Code: 199 937 4287) on the days and times listed below.
- February 15, 2023 - 2-4 pm Eastern
- February 22, 2023 - 2-4 pm Eastern
- March 1, 2023 - 2-4 pm Eastern
The public comment period will be held from January 20 through March 21, 2023.
You may submit comments, identified by Docket ID No. COE-2023-0002, by any of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http:// www.regulations.gov/. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
- Email: WRDA2022@usace.army.mil. Include Docket ID No. COE-2023-0002 in the subject line of the message.
- Mail: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, ATTN: Ms. Amy Frantz, CEW-P, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 3F91, 441 G St NW, Washington, DC 20314.
Signed implementation guidance will be posted on the USACE public website at Water Resources Development Act (army.mil).
All requests for further information on this notice may be directed to Mr. Gib Owen, 571-274-1929 or email@example.com, or Ms. Amy Frantz, 202-761-0106 or WRDA2022@usace.army.mil.
Release no. 23-001