The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo District has released the video containing answers to the questions the team was unable to answer because of time constraints during the April 22, 2015 public meeting held at the Findlay High School.
The video can be viewed or downloaded at:
"I would like to thank the community for attending the public meeting and for their continued input and commitment to the Blanchard River Watershed Study,” said LTC Karl Jansen, Buffalo District commander. “It is my goal to continue the open line of communication and make sure each step of the process is conveyed throughout the remainder of the study."
- Between now and the Final Feasibility Study Report and Final Environmental Impact Statement Buffalo District study team will be:
- Re-evaluating dredging as well as deepening and widening, the Blanchard River and Eagle Creek, for an in person report out on the results (along with an overall update on study progress)
- Considering public comments from the Draft Feasibility Study Report and Draft Environmental Impact Statement to be reflected in the final recommended plan
- Refining the recommended plan outlined in the Draft Feasibility Study Report and Draft Environmental Impact Statement, released April 2015
- Performing a real estate evaluation based on the optimized Right of Way drawings to determine the type of real estate interests that the non-federal sponsor will need to acquire to construct, operate and maintain the project
- Refine the estimated cost of real estate acquisition
Release no. 15-007