- Located on Lake Erie in the city of Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Authorization: River & Harbor Acts of 1875, 1886, 1888, 1896, 1899, 1902, 1907, 1910, 1916, 1917, 1935, 1937, 1945, 1946, 1958, 1960, 1962, Water Resources Development Acts of 1976 and 1986, Supplemental Appropriations Act of 1987 and the Energy & Water Appropriations Act of 1988.
- Deep draft commercial harbor.
- Authorized depths are 28 feet in the outer harbor and 23 feet in the river. 48th leading U.S. port with 12,793,000 tons of material shipped or received in 2007.
- Cleveland Harbor is ranked 6th among the Great Lakes Ports.
- Over 5.5 miles of breakwater structures. 5.8 miles of Federal channel on the Cuyahoga River and 1 mile of Federal channel on the Old River.
- Confined disposal facilities (CDFs) are located to the east of the harbor entrance.
- Major stakeholders include Cleveland-Cuyahoga County Port Authority, Burke Lakefront Airport, ArcelorMittal, U.S. Coast Guard, Lake Carriers Association, and Cargill.
Complete Cleveland Harbor Factsheet
1-800-833-6390 (option 3)